Exam excellence shows in record attainment
The Radclyffe School students celebrated the school’s best ever results this morning. A banner was unfurled from the top of the school’s atrium to mark the occasion.
The headline data was:
• 56% of students achieving 5 or more A*-C GCSEs including English and Maths, up 5%
• 69% of students achieving A*-C in GCSE English (up 15%) above national average.
• 66% of students achieving A*-C in GCSE Maths
• A record number of 130 A* grades at GCSE (up 18%)
• A record number of 290 students achieved A grades at GCSE (up 9%)
• A record 29% of students achieved A*/A grade in English (10% above national average)
There were some exceptional individual performances with Afsara Kawsar topping the list with nine A* grades and two A grades.
Hasnain Aslam was the highest achieving boy with 12 A*-C grades (6A*, 4A and 2B grades.
Headteacher Hardial Hayer said, “We are delighted with the record results our fabulous students have achieved. We are proud of their achievements as their dedication and commitment over the past five years has been richly rewarded with them registering the school’s best ever results at GCSE. I am particularly impressed with the record number of A* and A grades our students have achieved at GCSE. At The Radclyffe School we continually strive to challenge all our students to reach their potential and we congratulate and salute them this morning on their individual success stories and wish each of them every success for the future”.
Mr Jim Greenwood, Chair of Governors said, “Congratulations to the students, staff and parents of The Radclyffe School. The unfaltering dedication, commitment and hard work of everyone involved has been reflected in these record results. In acknowledging their success, I wish them luck in the future and hope they will continue to excel”.