It’s a Radclyffe Record for GCSE results
There were tears of joy as students celebrated the best ever results achieved at The Radclyffe School.
The headline data were:
• 62% of students achieving 5 or more A*-C GCSEs including English and Maths (up 2%) 6% above national average.
• 84% of students achieving A*-C in GCSE English (up 9%) 17% above national average
• 73% of students achieving A*-C in GCSE Maths (up 2%) 4% above national average
• 69% of students achieved A*-C in both English and Maths (up 4%) above national average
• A record number of 560 A*/A grades at GCSE (up 9%)
• A record 39% of students achieved A*/A grade in English (up 15%), 20% DOUBLE THE NATIONAL AVERAGE
• 21% of all grades at the school were either A* or A grades (up 1%)
• Progress 8 score +0.24 (above national average)
• 90% Expected Progress in English (up 12%), 18% above national average
• 64% Above Expected Progress in English (up 18%), DOUBLE THE NATIONAL AVERAGE!
• 73% Expected Progress in Maths (up 3%), 8% above national average
• 38% Above Expected Progress in Maths, 9% above national average
There were some exceptional individual performances with Samrah Hussain topping the list with 10 A* grades and one A grade.
Joshua Brown was the highest achieving boy with 6 A* grades and 5 A grades. Fabbiha Akter and Tahmina Millie (Deputy Head Girl) both achieved 5 A* grades and 6 A grades.
Sumayah Chowdhury (4 A* and 6 A grades) and Ben Broomfield (4 A* and 7 A grades) were also among the top achievers .
Headteacher, Hardial Hayer, said, “These are stunning results by every measure. They are even better than when Ofsted visited us and gave us the accolade of an outstanding school. I am thrilled that our amazing students have achieved our best ever results for the third year in a row. Our journey to beyond outstanding is well and truly underway. I commend the students, staff and parents for these wonderful results and wish our students the very best for the future. Their achievements show that anything is possible at The Radclyffe School”.
“These record results are a testimony to their hard work, dedication and commitment over the past five years as well as the high quality of teaching by our staff and the support from parents. I am especially pleased with the record number of A* and A grades our students have achieved at GCSE for the sixth year in a row.”
Jim Greenwood, Chair of Governors, added, “Congratulations to the students, staff and parents of The Radclyffe School on these record results. This is brilliant news for everyone connected with The Radclyffe School. The unfaltering dedication, commitment and hard work of everyone involved has paid dividends. At The Radclyffe School we continually strive to challenge all our students to reach for the stars, these remarkable results show they are living the dream. In acknowledging their success, I wish them luck in the future and hope they will continue to excel”.